Church Windows

Although the church was consecrated in 1878, the stained glass is not particularly old (none of the glass from the old church by the sea survived). The oldest windows are the two on the north side – one depicting the Virgin Mary and one St John the Evangelist. These were installed in 1903. The east windows were commissioned in 1924 and depict St Augustine (founder of the first chantry at Reculver) and St Nicholas (patron saint of seafarers), recalling the long history of Reculver Towers as a navigation mark. A superb window in the sanctuary to the left of the altar was donated in 1935 and depicts the life of St Francis of Assissi and his association with animals and birds.


Our Facilities
Webpage icon Reculver CE Primary School
Webpage icon Memorials
Webpage icon Church Organ